Present: David Boswell (davidwboswell), Doug Warner (silfreed),
Michael Dosser (tanker), Eric Jung (ericjung), Chris Neale (cdn-work)
Discussion was held publically in #mozdev
Discussed developer priorities (drupal testing, linking to drupal,
- Publish tool is working again
Discussed sysadmin priorities (stats, mirror improvements, mailman
- top50.pl page is fixed; Doug should be able to work on the front-end
Requests from users
clean out project's (pagemark) repository:
Mic cleared the web directory during the meeting
Doug will restore the templates
wrong MIME types on mirrors:
no response from mirror admins
Doug is going to find some better contacts for the mirrors
the mirrors should probably be suspended/removed from rotation if
don't reply soon
Doug has been looking into Bouncer; will probably test it out soon
Handling user requests through bugzilla
- Delayed until BZ 3.0 upgrade
Turning off wordpress (review categories found)
- The following categories were found:
: Status Updates
should be safe to remove now
Turning off other tools
Not sure what xpcomdb does; Doug will check with Pete.
analog, polls: old content should be archived.
Doctor might be nice to have for users to edit their web pages from the
web; David will add it to the roadmap; Doug will file a bug.
Not sure how widely-used the other tools were; Doug will ask Pete.
What to do about protected directory issues?
- cvsweb upgrade will remove the directory from the list
- work-around is to disable guest checkouts for projects that request
it with the knowledge that it's a temporary workaround until cvs can
be patched to disable guest checkouts of the protected directory.
- David and Doug will work together to email the project owners who
have asked about the problem directly.
Should we block entire projects to protect mozdev sql structure
- No; it goes against the open-source ideaologies.
McCoy for secure installs
- Link to the tool from templates.
- Help out with documentation where possible.
Move up priority of bugzilla 3.0 upgrade?
- Mic has done this on vebzom.org once before; upgrade should be easy.
- No one opposed to increasing the priority.
- Chris notes that BZ 3.0 will need some theme adjustments.
Mic noted that strg.at will be hiring another sysadmin soon; that will
hopefully free up some sysadmin time for mozdev.
- project owner response has been fairly lack-luster.
- need to work on how to link from projects.
- need to work on rollout proceedure.